Life_in_Belton

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Mikki's update

I was just reading my sister's blog (smileyfish@blogspot.com) and was shamed at how she has kept up so well. She has the same number of children as me, nearly the same ages, works a part-time job AND has found time to blog at night. Good gravy. So, I will write a little update for those that still check in on us. I know most of you gave up checking on Life@theCobbs.
I guess another excuse I have is that Dan is working really hard to knock out two more classes on top of working every day. That makes for him being gone all day and then staying at work late to do homework if necessary. It is nearly impossible for him to do it here with Elijah wanting to drum with Daddy and Levi needing to be held while I give Elijah a bath. So, we both decided it was more profitable for him to stay at work. That leaves lovely me to do bedtime activities and by the time all is said and done, I may have energy left to do a load of dishes or pick up toys. OR, I may not :)
I have been trying to do some Tae-bo at night. I have really found the fun in punching the air and kicking imaginary muggers. It's about the only way for me to get to exercise because it's been too cold to take the kids out in the stroller. I was doing Jane Fonda's step aerobics from the 80's, but it was too difficult to workout when laughing at the funny guy in the mullet and spandex.
Elijah is an ABSOLUTE delight. He has really grown up since the last we blogged. He has become quite the talker. It is really funny when he wakes up in the morning and has so much to say, but because of the night's sleep, he can't quite put the words in order correctly. So, he says things like "Dada, eat the new car?" and "Wowi, peas in crib? " (translation: Levi, sleeping in the crib?) He has gotten into drumming and drums on everything! I mean, everything! Sometimes, I have seen him drumming on things as small as a grape with his two fingers. Everything is a drum. His bowl, the couch, Levi, his sandwich. Other than drumming on Levi, he is a wonderful big brother. He has finally figured out that the noise machine is not leaving us, but is staying. He loves to give Wowi (what he calls Levi) spoons. I have not figured out why spoons yet, but have an inkling it is because appear as "baby drumsticks" to him.
Levi is growing big, so fast! He has been a bit of a pill lately as I have not been able to produce enough milk for him. That makes him hungry, which makes him crabby, which makes us all crabby. Although, Elijah is always fast to give him a kiss if he is crying. But, I think that is getting reconciled. Levi is such a unique-looking baby and has such a beautiful smile. His name in Hebrew means "attached" and he seems to be just that. Always wanting to be held and attached to mama's hip.
Dan is probably going to work on finishing our basement as soon as he is done with these classes--hopefully starting next week. That will be nice to have more room.
Alrighty, that is enough of an update, I will try to post some pics for all to behold.

7 Comments:

  • i enjoyed readiing your blog update! thanks for sharing!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/10/2006 4:10 PM  

  • mikkers,
    you are a great writer! thanks for blogging! yeah!

    By Blogger cara harjes, at 11/11/2006 12:48 AM  

  • btw,
    once in college, i watched my roomate named emily do a Cindy Crawford workout video. She became so discouraged that she stopped halfway through, grabbed a bag of potato chips, and stuffed her face while she watched the rest of the video sitting comfortably on the floor.

    By Blogger cara harjes, at 11/11/2006 12:49 AM  

  • Welcome back. We've been missing you. Say, those are some really good pictures of your boys. Who took those? Some professional, no doubt.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/12/2006 8:17 PM  

  • Aaaaah, what a nice compliment from my sister. How do I have time? HMMM, let me count the baskets of unfolded laundry and toilets that need to be scrubbed! Thanks for the update! BTW, what do you mean by "unique-looking"?

    By Blogger Angie, at 11/13/2006 9:11 PM  

  • a couple people have asked me what I mean by unique-looking. I just think he has a very unique facial structure. . .it's not weird, just unique. In fact, it's adorable. Wide cheeks, tiny chin, BIG blue eyes. He looks like no other baby. But, no baby looks like another, I guess. I just like to think he is especially beautiful, so humor me.

    By Blogger Sonorliteman, at 11/14/2006 5:26 PM  

  • Just to clarify---Elijah is equally as beautiful in his own special way :)

    By Blogger Sonorliteman, at 11/14/2006 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home