now, mikki's talking


I want to write my first post here on the blog. As you can tell, my husband has been the main journaler up until this point. But, I thought this would be a wonderful way to keep my friends updated on everything here since it is so hard to sit down and write emails during the day. We had a party today for Elijah's first birthday. Unbelievable! I can't believe he is already a year old. Here are some up to date pics of him, for those that have been asking. The other cutie in one pic is his cousin, Stinky Pete. The party was lots of fun. We had the whole family, plus kristy--(bj's friend). (hi drea!) anyway, it was a good time and i would put pictures of it on here, but we don't have digital at the moment. It broke.
After that, Daniel and I went for a bike ride pulling Elijah behind (compliments of grandma and grandpa's birthday gift). We went way back behind the house where there is an old abandoned air force base. I was a bit nervous as Dan was exploring the old hangars. I kept thinking, "This is the perfect place for a meth lab or crazy squatters." At one point, dan looked through a window of the hangar and then turned around wide eyed, jumped on his bike, and began pedaling towards me at high speed. I went into panic mode and made my way towards the escape route I had already plotted in my mind until he informed me bugs were just biting at his ankles and he wanted to get away quickly. Anyway, it was an adventurous evening with a beautiful sunset to top it off.
Alright, I am done writing for now and maybe will find something to write about tommorrow. For those of you checking in on our blog sight--stay tuned!

1 Comments:
I've been so confused all day - forgetting it's Sunday and now it's too late to call. So....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you had a great day....I'll try to call tomorrow!!! :)
beej
By
BJ, at 9/04/2005 10:14 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home