Repost: the Car saga...
Most people that know me understand that I am a Mustang nut. Inwardly, I don't see myself as out of the ordinary, especially because I know of others that are consumed in the hobby far greater depths. Yet I will admit that I do really like the cars. My first car was a 1966 Ford Mustang 2+2, or a 'fastback', as most would call it. The color was special, called Light Blue Metallic, or Silver Blue. The car was born December 21st 1965, in Dearborn, MI. It came with a 200 cubic inch six cylinder engine, and a manual 3-speed transmission. At some point in it's life, it was transformed into a 289 V-8 Mustang with a C-4 automatic transmission. A 6-to-8 upgrade is quite common in the Mustang world, and many cars that were originally small sixes are now powerful V-8 equipped cars.
I owned 'Old Blue' for 5 years and drove it everyday. After moving to Kansas City, I found out that CA winters were nothing compared to the salt/snow/ice combo commonly found out here. So after a year of driving it, I decided to buy my Uncle's Mustang, and sell the blue car. A great family from WV bought the car, and the last I hear, the car being 'well' taken care of (full frame-up restoration. I'll need to drop by WV now someday ! :)
Enter the 1994 Mustang GT Convertible. Purchased brand new by my Uncle, it had the famous 5.0L V-8 and a 5 speed trans. Best of all was the convertible top and the great factory sound system. Nothing like the old car. Power brakes, steering, windows, A/C, etc. After driving this one for 3 years, we purchased an Elijah. Since our little boy has arrived, papa has had to begin planning for the future. We recently bought a Honda Odyssey mini-van used, and I chose to sell the verte to pay for the Honda. I now get to drive a Honda Civic....much less power, but has great potential for a nice daily driving. For starts, it gets 32 mpgs, in a time where gas is predicted to go up to $3/gal. Good move Dan! Someday we'll get another Mustang. Perhaps an old one, perhaps a new one! Believe me, if I could I'd go straight to the local Ford and say "I need a Premium GT, Windveil Blue, Light Graphite interior, with IUP, bright machined wheels, and the spoiler delete, please" ;)
And now for some pictures:



And the current high-performance load-lugging beast looks exactly identical to this...can somebody say 'custom fab turbo'? ? :)
I owned 'Old Blue' for 5 years and drove it everyday. After moving to Kansas City, I found out that CA winters were nothing compared to the salt/snow/ice combo commonly found out here. So after a year of driving it, I decided to buy my Uncle's Mustang, and sell the blue car. A great family from WV bought the car, and the last I hear, the car being 'well' taken care of (full frame-up restoration. I'll need to drop by WV now someday ! :)
Enter the 1994 Mustang GT Convertible. Purchased brand new by my Uncle, it had the famous 5.0L V-8 and a 5 speed trans. Best of all was the convertible top and the great factory sound system. Nothing like the old car. Power brakes, steering, windows, A/C, etc. After driving this one for 3 years, we purchased an Elijah. Since our little boy has arrived, papa has had to begin planning for the future. We recently bought a Honda Odyssey mini-van used, and I chose to sell the verte to pay for the Honda. I now get to drive a Honda Civic....much less power, but has great potential for a nice daily driving. For starts, it gets 32 mpgs, in a time where gas is predicted to go up to $3/gal. Good move Dan! Someday we'll get another Mustang. Perhaps an old one, perhaps a new one! Believe me, if I could I'd go straight to the local Ford and say "I need a Premium GT, Windveil Blue, Light Graphite interior, with IUP, bright machined wheels, and the spoiler delete, please" ;)
And now for some pictures:



And the current high-performance load-lugging beast looks exactly identical to this...can somebody say 'custom fab turbo'? ? :)

1 Comments:
Reminds me of an Andrew Peterson song where he sings, "I am a family man, traded my mustang for a mini-van". I recently bought a honda odyssey and am encouraged that you would place it as a priority even over the gorgeous mustangs you have previously owned! Shows that you must be quite the family man!
By
Anonymous, at 8/15/2005 9:23 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home