Life_in_Belton

Friday, March 09, 2007

March update

I've had some complaints lately. Many are on my case about our lack of posting. To these complainers, I say we pay $5.00/hour for a babysitter. If you would like to accept the job, then I will have time to post.
I will do a quick fill-in, now, since my little angels are sleeping.
Life is going along well here in Belton, but very fast it seems. Dan is still refinishing our basement, so I am always watching the kids. Not that I'm complaining, because I understand the need for more space with the basement being done. And, the kids are always fun. I just get tired of seeing the same things and endlessly cleaning the kitchen. If he is not doing the basement, he is trying to get two more classes knocked out online. All of this should come to an end by next October. The basement is nearly done (after Dan finally conceded to hire in some help :)). And, he should be done with school in the fall. I am really looking forward to the days when we can go for long family walks again and have time on Saturday to go to the Belton car shows. I guess I'm just looking forward to things slowing down a little.
Levi is already 10 months old. I can't believe it. He is crawling everywhere and pulling up on everything. He loves to take anything that Elijah is playing with and because of that, Elijah spends a big part of the day playing with his toys on the kitchen table where Levi can't get them. I have a feeling Levi is going to be a little drummer, also. As soon as he hears Dan and Elijah playing the drums , he scoots as fast as he can toward the sound. It's funny to watch him put his head down so he can crawl even faster.
Elijah is 2 1/2 now and such a delight as always. My sister wrote a nice tribute to him on her blog. You can read it on smileyfish.blogspot.com. He is really becoming a good drummer. He actually gets a beat going and even attempts to sing while he's pounding. We have been working on potty-training him and it is going better than I expected. The hard part is getting him to stop what he is playing long enough to go. He loves to play hide and seek under the kitchen table with Levi. They are truly entertaining to watch.
As for Dan and I, we are doing well, but tired often:). I find myself going to bed around 9:15 most nights. Sorry for the lack of posting, but honestly, when I do have some down time, the last thing I want to do is sit at a computer. My sister is so diligent with blogging. She updates a couple times a week. It must be her relaxation time. My down time of choice is walking. My mom came down to play with the boys this week while I went on a long hike in the woods. It was so nice! Dan's down time has been filled with a new drum he bought on ebay. He and Elijah put it together tonight. Elijah loved figuring out how to put the hardware together.
Anyway, enough rambling. I'll try to post some new pics. Thank you all for continuing to check our blog in hopes of finding new posts. I hope you are pleased :)

1 Comments:

  • All is well. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys in April! Watching Levi scoot around sounds terribly amusing, and we already have Dans old drums for them both to bang on. I'm sure the neighbors wouldn't mind. ha!
    They thought they got rid of Dan and his drums years ago.

    -Joe

    Anyhoo, here is your link all clickfied (I hope it works):

    Smileyfish

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/13/2007 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home